Entries may be sent to email@example.com
before 12 midnight on 13th
August, 2021. Prize winning entries will be announced later. RULES AND REGULATIONS Submission:
- One participant can send a maximum of three pictures per theme.
- The file name should be: ThemeNO_ImageTitle_PhotographerName.jpg
Sample file names
- Each entry should be accompanied by the following data, duly filled online at the time of registration by way of a google form for which link will be provided)
Category: General / Student
Theme No: 1. Chennai (Madras ) Lockdown diaries
2. Chennai Cares
3. Work (Study) From Home
Entries should NOT be emailed to ANY OTHER ID. Photos on CD or as prints are NOT accepted.
- All images are to be submitted in JPEG format. High Resolution imagesLong edge at 1920 pixels at 300 dpi are to be submitted. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any manipulation or modification to the original image is limited to minor retouching of blemishes and cropping and must not alter the content of the original scene. Highly manipulated images and composite images including HDRs are not permitted. Monochrome images are allowed.
- No information about the entrant will be given to the selectors.
- An image showing the name of the entrant or any water mark on the photo will be disqualified.
- Entry is open to all photographers (amateur and professional.)
- Copyright: The original image(s) must have been taken using a photographic process and all entrants must have the sole copyright to each image they submit. Clip Art and Copyright Free material are not acceptable. Photographic Society of Madras assumes no responsibility for misuse by anyone of the copyright of published images.
- Student Category is for students of schools and Colleges of Chennai Compliance: The organizers may reject any entry/image at their discretion. An entry may be rejected if it does not conform to published competition rules or is deemed unsuitable.
- The entries have to be original work of the entrant, who owns them. The entrants may be asked to provide the original for verification. An entrant failing to provide a requested image file may, at the organizers’ discretion, be considered to be in contravention of the contest rules and will be disqualified.
- The decision of the organizers and the Judges would be final, and no complaints / correspondence would be entertained.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant permits the organizers to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for PSM publicity in print or online Internet site and/or in other media.
- Winners will be selected in each group and theme.
- There will be three sets of First, Second and Third prizes, andSix Special Mentions for each category.
- First Prize: Cash prize of Rs.1000/- + Digital Certificate
- Second Prize: Cash prize of Rs.750/- + Digital Certificate
- Third Prize: Cash prize of Rs.500/- + Digital Certificate
- Special Mention: There will be 3 honorable mention under each theme in both the categories. Digital Certificate would be issued.
- Notification of results will be sent by email to the successful entrants. Entrants should ensure that they provide an active email address and that spam filters are set to accept emails from email@example.com. Notifications will not be sent by post.